Varicose veins are a global problem. According to statistics, more than 30% of people between the ages of 30 and 40 suffer from this problem. In the older age groups, the percentage is much higher.
Unfortunately, traditional medicine is not strong at treating this problem, and the methods proposed either produce poor results or require a prohibitive financial investment. But people's experience always helps in such situations.
That is why we have put together a selection of the most effective remedies for varicose veins especially for you, which you can use at home. So, let's look at the topic of treating varicose veins with folk remedies.
Briefly on the problem of varicose veins
Varicose veins - a disease of the veins, which is due to the fact that they lose their elasticity. As a result, venous nodes are formed - areas with deformed veins, the walls of small vessels become brittle, and any touch ends with the formation of a bruise.
The danger of varicose veins is that they impair blood circulation, congestion and thrombosis can begin - the formation of blood clots in the veins. The disease is easier to prevent than cure. In advanced cases, only surgical intervention can save health.
The causes of varicose veins can be different, but the complex effect of several negative factors usually leads to the problem. So let's look at what causes venous disease.
- Genetic predisposition. Scientists have found that this is the most common cause of early-stage varicose veins, which appear as early as 18-25 years of age.
- Being overweight puts an excessive strain on the blood vessel system and the constant pressure causes the veins to lose their previous elasticity over time. The combination of obesity and genetic predisposition inevitably leads to the development of varicose veins. But even with negative inheritance, follow the illustration, you can significantly delay the occurrence of venous problems.
- Smoking is one of the main factors in the development of varicose veins, as tobacco smoke destroys substances that strengthen the blood vessels, thickens the blood, impairs blood flow and leads to a decrease in the elasticity of capillaries and veins.
- Varicose veins also have professional reasons. This is a typical condition for people whose work involves the need to sit or stand a lot.
- Hormonal imbalances and diseases of the endocrine system often adversely affect the condition of the veins.
- An unhealthy, sedentary lifestyle can lead to dysfunction of the cardiovascular system and the development of varicose veins.
- Excessive physical activity, for example by weightlifters and other athletes, by movers and runners. When combined with a genetic predisposition, intolerable physical activity often provokes the development of varicose veins.
Other factors are chronic diseases of organs involved in hematopoiesis, pathology of the digestive system, tumors, unbalanced diet, diabetes mellitus and others.
Why are varicose veins dangerous?
As you know, varicose veins most often develop in women. This is because it is the beautiful half of humanity who are prone to hormonal issues. It is women who carry children and their lifestyle is more predisposing to the formation of venous problems.
This in no way means that men bypass varicose veins. No, but there are far fewer cases in men and they tend to develop this problem with age. But women begin to face it in their youth.
Therefore, women with the problem of varicose veins often only turn to a doctor because they are afraid of the aesthetic disorders that it leads to. Puffy legs, unsightly nodules, bluish skin tone, redness - all of this significantly affects the appearance. However, a cosmetic defect is by far not the most dangerous consequence of varicose veins.
Varicose veins lead to the development of thrombosis, deterioration in the blood supply to the extremities and are fraught with chronic diseases of the joints. An exacerbation can begin at any time and be accompanied by extensive inflammatory processes.
Due to varicose veins, problems with other systems and organs can arise, thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcers, and dermatitis can develop. To prevent this from happening, it is important to start treatment on time.
Folk remedies for varicose veins
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies. First of all, most people with varicose veins consider home treatment options for the disease.
On the one hand, in the early stages it is really possible to deal with the problem and stop its development, but when it comes to the rapid development of the disease or severe stages, one should not only consider alternative medicine as it is important toto undergo surgical treatment in a timely manner.
Treatment of varicose veins with herbs in severe cases can complement the main therapy or help in the postoperative recovery period. So, consider the best folk remedies for varicose veins.
The power of citrus fruits
Citrus fruits, especially lemon, orange and tangerine, contain hesperidin, a natural flavonoid that maintains the normal condition of blood vessels and ensures the full functioning of the entire cardiovascular system.
Preparations based on hesperidin are prescribed at all stages of uncomplicated varicose veins, but if the problem is just developing, you can use the same substance only from natural products. How can citrus fruits be used to treat varicose veins? Let's look at the ways.
- Pour dry bowl (half a three-liter saucepan) with 3 liters of boiling water and boil for 3 minutes. It is necessary to let the broth stand for 1 hour, and then add it to the water for bathing. The process must be repeated 2 times a week. The water in the bathroom shouldn't be too hot - this is harmful to weak vein walls.
- Lemon juice in the amount of 20 ml, dilute with 1 glass of warm boiled water and drink on an empty stomach. The duration of treatment is 30-40 days.
- Grind the mandarin pulp, mix with a little olive oil, apply to the affected areas and rinse off after 2 hours.
- Orange juice is used for a compress that is applied at night for 2 weeks.
- A mixture of lemon and orange juice is used 50 ml 3-5 times a day for 1 month.
In addition to the methods described above, it is recommended to actively use citrus fruits in the diet - they saturate the body with hesperedin and strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
But do not forget that there are contraindications - you can not be treated with citrus if you are allergic to it, and also if you have problems with thrombosis.
Treatment of cherry varicose veins
Cherry is a useful and effective fruit in the treatment of varicose veins, containing at the same time 2 active components that act on the veins and the entire circulatory system. Ascorbic acid is found in high concentrations in cherries. It protects the walls of blood vessels from fragility, slows down the natural aging process, normalizes blood clotting, thus preventing the formation of blood clots and lumps.
Rutin is a component that is necessary to restore and strengthen the elasticity of blood vessels. In a complex, these two substances are part of most drugs prescribed for varicose veins. You can treat the initial stages of varicose veins with cherry juice at home, but only fresh. How to be treated
- Drink fresh cherry juice in a diluted form, 300 ml per day. You can just dilute it with water and use it instead of water. Be treated for at least a month.
- Apply compresses to the affected area.
- For the production of foot baths with cherry juice and the addition of milk whey.
An important condition is that cherries must not be cooked. Rutin and ascorbic acid are organic compounds that break down into simple components and evaporate when cooked.
Apple cider vinegar for varicose veins
Apple cider vinegar is a storehouse for trace elements and especially organic acids. It is used to prevent thrombosis, as well as to treat varicose veins. Even a single application of apple cider vinegar improves the vascular tone, relieves itching and swelling, improves blood flow to the soft tissues and eliminates congestion.
- Apple cider vinegar is diluted with water, keeping the ratio of 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water. The resulting solution is used for compresses and baths.
- You can rub the affected areas with apple cider vinegar 3-4 times a day. It is advisable to combine with the application of medicinal ointments and gels - vinegar improves their ability to penetrate tissues and act on the target site.
- You can drink apple cider vinegar for 21 days, diluting it like this - 1 ml per 100 ml of water, 2 times a day.
Apple cider vinegar should not be replaced with table cider vinegar, as they differ in composition. Table vinegar has no effect in treating varicose veins.
Aloe juice against varicose veins
Aloe juice has a powerful antioxidant and regenerative effect and is therefore used for various age-related venous diseases. The use of juice in complicated forms of varicose veins is particularly important, but only this step is important to coordinate with the attending physician in order to exclude the presence of other contraindications and avoid possible side effects. How do I apply?
- Drink 2 tablespoons of aloe vera or aloe vera juice daily before breakfast and dinner.
- Apply the juice of the same varieties overnight and cover with gauze, but the main thing is not to tie it - circulatory disorders can lead to dangerous consequences.
Horse chestnut against varicose veins
Horse chestnut is the most popular herb used to fight venous disease. A decoction for bathing, ointments are made from it. In addition, as an extract, horse chestnut is used in many medicines to treat varicose veins and rosacea. Look at recipes and uses.
- Melt 200 grams of pork fat in a saucepan, add 50 grams of chopped horse chestnut and cook for 20 minutes. As long as the ointment has not cooled, it must be poured into a container and sealed. After cooling down, use the ointment twice a day and rub it into the affected areas.
- A decoction of horse chestnut fruits is taken in 50 ml twice a day for a month. It is easy to prepare a decoction - you will need 0. 5 liters of water and a tablespoon of chopped fruit. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
Blackcurrant is the record holder for rodent content and is also rich in vitamin C and organic acids. Use juice made from fresh currants, this can be done in combination with cherry and aronia juice. To enhance the effect, it is recommended to apply currant juice and externally.
Black currants are used very carefully for diseases of the digestive tract, as well as for ulcers and rashes on the surface of the skin. In addition, black currant greatly reduces blood pressure, effectively thins the blood, so it is recommended to consult a doctor beforehand in order to avoid negative consequences.
Homemade ointment for varicose veins with garlic
You can prepare a homemade ointment for varicose veins based on lemon, garlic and honey. You need to take 2 cloves of garlic, 1 medium lemon and 2 tablespoons of honey. Peeled garlic and lemon are chopped together with the peel in a blender or ground in a meat grinder, poured with honey and kept in the refrigerator.
The product should be used in the evening when the legs are not exposed to physical strain. You can make compresses with garlic-lemon ointment or just apply a thick layer on the surface of the skin and leave it on for 2-3 hours.
Remember that in severe cases of the course of the disease, you should not rely on folk remedies.
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies is not a panacea. Laser treatment or surgery can help quickly and almost painlessly.
We wish you all good health!