Varicose veins of the lower extremities are not always reversible, chronic deformation of the vessels of the gastrocnemius and thigh region of the body, associated with a deterioration in the work of the intravenous valves, "responsible" for blood supply to the vessels of the legs.
As you know, blood circulation in the body goes in two directions: from the heart to the vessels of the lower extremities, and vice versa, from the vessels of the legs back to the heart. The valves in the veins close completely with the walls of the vessels in a healthy state and push the blood flow up to the heart.
If for any reason a valve disorder occurs, some of the blood settles in the venous vessels of the lower extremities without flowing back in the opposite direction.
This leads to congestion of blood in the leg veins, deformation and stretching of blood vessels, thinning of their walls, in short - varicose veins.
Is It Possible To Get Rid Of Varicose Veins? This question is asked by thousands of patients, because unfortunately this disease does not spare neither the young nor the old, nor the stronger sex nor the beautiful women.
In this material we will try to reveal the topic of how to get rid of varicose veins on the legs, what methods of getting rid of the disease there are, what rules of life should be followed by the patient, so that the disease is eliminated as effectively and as long as possible.
Under what circumstances should the alarm be triggered?
Every illness begins with the first "alarm bells", which indicate that the body is not all right, a pathological process begins. And varicose veins are no exception. You must run to the vascular surgeon immediately if the following symptoms occur.
- "Leg weights" sensation, pain, calf bursting.
- The appearance of varicose veins on the surface of the skin of the legs.
- Cramps at night when the body is calm and relaxed.
- Swelling of the lower extremities, especially in the evening. The patient notes with regret that previously comfortable shoes become tight and cause discomfort.
What is causing the disease onset?
The main reason, in most cases, is negative inheritance, however varicose veins can also occur with the following factors:
- Faults in diet, preference for salty, smoked, fried foods, in short, anything that contributes to blood thickening and the deposition of cholesterol on the walls of blood vessels.
- Tobacco and alcohol addiction.
- Long-term hormone therapy - the vessels are very sensitive to hormonal disorders.
- Wear uncomfortable clothes and shoes that are too tight - high heels or just uncomfortable shoes with uncomfortable lasts.
- Carrying out pregnancy: here the appearance of varicose veins is provoked by several factors - a changed hormonal background, an increased load on the blood vessels due to an increase in the blood flows circulating through them, and an increase in the weight of the pregnant woman, who put a heavy load on the lower limbs.
- Constantly standing or sitting, due to work demands.
- Little physical activity, neglect of physical activity and walking in the fresh air.
- Age 35 and older.
Is it possible to get rid of varicose veins forever and forget about an unpleasant disease such as a bad dream? There are chances, but on the condition that treatment is started at the first signs of the disease, the first symptoms.
In the event of swelling, pain and flatulence in the evening, as well as a pronounced capillary pattern, a phlebologist must be consulted urgently and treatment started.
Ways to get rid of venous diseases
There are an impressive number of methods and means of getting rid of varicose veins, they can conditionally be divided into several categories:
- Independent measures to get rid of the disease. This is a series of several rules that should become the basis of a vein patient's lifestyle.
- Conservative medical methods.
- Surgical therapy of different degrees of invasion (intervention).
- Methods and means of traditional medicine.
It is important to understand that one method or drug is not enough to get rid of varicose veins in the legs, but complex therapy for venous diseases is most effective: a combination of a healthy lifestyle, medication and exercise. But first things first.
Always wear a compression jersey. Such underwear is sold in specialty stores in the form of leggings, stockings and tights. The degree of compression (pressure) of such products also varies from preventive to super strong, up to 50 mm Hg. Art. , Used in severe chronic forms of varicose veins.
The attending physician will inform you of the required compression class, who will also write you a prescription for the purchase of such underwear. After all, only prophylactic class products are sold.
Wearing compression garments can be extremely effective, especially in the early stages of the disease. As doctors confirm, with the help of a special jersey, more than one woman got rid of varicose veins during pregnancy!
How can the patient contribute to the elimination of varicose veins himself?
It is important to observe several principles:
- You need to adjust your diet. Let dishes made from vegetables, cereal, lean meat, preferably chicken, turkey, or lean beef dominate your menu. And of course, it is very important to drink as much clean fresh water as possible and replace carbonated beverages, especially sweet, strong teas and coffee, with this. The prohibited list for a vein patient includes: pickles, smoked meat, spicy marinades, fatty meat dishes and sweet pastries.
- You must forever forget about tobacco products, as well as frequent alcohol consumption, for the duration of treatment this should be completely ruled out.
- Replace uncomfortable shoes, including heels, made of synthetic materials with comfortable, high-quality items made of natural materials and leather that allow the feet to exchange oxygen freely.
- Make it a rule to do physical therapy, yoga, swimming and regular walks in the fresh air on a level surface.
- A contrast shower is a very effective tool for those looking to get rid of varicose veins. It is he who should replace bathing and saunas.
- Frequent prolonged exposure to the sun is the enemy of venous pain!
However, independent measures against varicose veins often have no noticeable effect without the use of drugs and techniques. Medical methods can be both conservative and radical, operative.
Conservative medicine for the treatment of varicose veins includes:
Depending on the application method, they can be divided into the following groups:
- External gels, ointments and creams for varicose veins.
- Tablet preparations. The list is quite extensive.
According to the method of therapeutic effect, anti-varicose veins are divided in the following order:
- Venotonics: tablets and external agents, the action of which is aimed at strengthening the walls of the vessels, giving them elasticity, eliminating their excessive permeability and preventing their further deformation.
- Anticoagulants: medicines that thin the blood and prevent blood clots from forming and sticking to the walls of blood vessels.
- Angioprotectors: drugs that improve blood circulation in veins and small capillaries, normalize the process of supplying tissues with oxygen and food, eliminate trophic ulcers in varicose veins, normalize the structure of soft tissues.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs (non-steroids) that suppress inflammation of the walls of blood vessels and adjacent soft tissues.
Minimally invasive methods
Surgical measures also have their own gradation. In the operation of varicose veins with a low degree of invasion (intervention), the superficial veins that are located directly under the skin are stretched to a diameter of 0. 5 cm.
The minimally invasive methods include:
- Laser or radio frequency coagulation. In this type of procedure, the diseased vessels become stuck or filled with connective tissue when the diseased vein comes into contact with laser beams or radio frequencies that enter the vessel with a probe.
- Sclerotherapy. This method, also called vascular sclerotization, is based on the introduction of a special substance (solution or foam) into it, which, by sticking the vessel, removes it from the circulatory system, thus preventing further progression of the varicose veins. All minimally invasive methods usually do not require long rehabilitation, the prerequisite is the daily wearing of compression garments after the procedure and adherence to a correct lifestyle.
- Minifleboectomy. This type of procedure is performed under local anesthesia and is carried out as follows: a micro-incision is made on the surface of the skin, after which a special needle with a rounded end is used to remove the deformed section of the vessel and perform resection.
This is a major surgery performed under general anesthesia that completely removes a diseased vein or a large part of it. In this way, deeply located in the muscle tissue, severely affected by varicose veins with a diameter of more than 5 mm are operated.
Phlebectomy is followed by a long-term recovery phase (approx. 20-30 days), long-term use of various varicose vein drugs, constant wearing of compression garments of the 2, 3 or 4 compression classes.
Another group of remedies and methods to get rid of varicose veins at home is the "grandmother" methods.
These are various ointments, compresses, rubs, for which recipes have long been invented and passed from mouth to mouth.
- Take 1 large spoon of hop cones and pour 250 ml of freshly boiled water. Let it stand until it cools to room temperature. The infusion can now be filtered and taken in a glass before meals.
- Pour a quarter glass of horse chestnut flowers with 500 ml of certified alcohol or vodka and place the jar in a dark corner for 10-14 days. Then it is necessary to drain the drug through gauze, apply topically and rub the damaged limbs 1 time a day before bedtime. Keep the bottle in a cool place.
- Garlic-based compress. We take a head of garlic, clean it and grind it into a pulp. Mix with animal fat or butter, taking in twice the garlic mass. The resulting drug is evenly applied to the diseased area of the leg, secured with parchment or foil, then we wrap the limb with a layer of fabric. We leave it overnight. Wash off with warm water in the morning.
- Among the methods of treating varicose veins with folk remedies, apple cider vinegar occupies a special place. You can rub the diseased limbs, as well as take it orally according to the following scheme: drink 20 grams of vinegar per 250 ml of water, three times a day before meals, in small sips.
According to the reviews of patients, traditional medicine can be very effective, provided that the necessary proportions are strictly observed in the preparation and approval of the attending physician.
Remember: a person's health is in their hands. At the slightest sign of venous disease, it is necessary to immediately contact a vascular surgeon (and preferably a phlebologist) and take measures to eliminate the symptoms of the disease.
Getting rid of varicose veins, spare no time and effort, because the sooner you start treatment, the greater the chances that the insidious disease will go away forever!
Successful treatment and fastest recovery from the disease! Health!